Cardiology deals with diseases of the heart and circulatory system. In Poland there is a very high proportion of people who suffer from cardiovascular diseases, so it is important to have frequent checks, maintain a healthy lifestyle (a definite avoidance of addiction) and a proper diet, as well as awareness of the inheritance of certain diseases.
Heart disease, heart failure, cardiac arrhythmia, infarct, atrioventricular block, venous thromboembolism, ventricular tachycardia, haemorrhagic diarrhea, elevated cholesterol, hypertension, vein thrombosis, myocarditis, valve stenosis are the most common diseases. Cardiology deals with congenital and acquired cardiac diseases including heart disease.
Cardiac research is aimed at:
- diagnosis of congenital or acquired cardiac and circulatory diseases as well as blood vessels,
- support and treatment of patients who struggle with heart disease and cardiovascular disease and assessing their immunity,
- myocardial ultrasonography (eg echocardiography),
- interdisciplinary determination of indications for treatment,
- analysis of diagnostic tests.